MENTORING WOMEN IN THEIR FOOD STORY: 2013
Planting the Seeds of Leadership
Swift Current, March 2, 2013; Saskatoon – March 9, 2013; Cut Knife – March 13, 2013; Regina – March 23, 2013; Yorkton – March 24, 2013.
Sponsored by National Farmers Union in partnership with local women’s organizations. Organized by Marcella Pedersen, National Farmers Union Region #6 (Sk) Women’s Advisory, Cut Knife, Sask.
The interactive workshop is designed to identify and value women’s knowledge & expertise in food production, providing a leadership opportunity for women with skills to act as mentors, building leadership together to those with less knowledge and experience, who may have potential for leadership. It also aims to recognize the challenges of women providing food security for their family from seed to table through information on food production (gardening, preparation and consumption) and reasons why they should be self-sufficient.
1) Swift Current, March 2 – 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. at Newcomers Welcome Center Potluck Bag Lunch RVSP: gilmar (at) sasktel.net by Feb 26th.
2) Saskatoon – March 9 at 2:30 – 4:00 p.m. at E.D. Feehan School cafeteria – 411 Ave M North RSVP gilmar (at) sasktel.net by March 11th
3) Cut Knife on March 13 from 10 – 4 p.m. at Little Pine Band Hall with Little Pine Women’s Group in care of Valerie Tootoosis Bull 306-398-4015. RSVP gilmar (at)sasktel.net by March 11th
4) Regina March 23 at the United Way Bldg from 10 – 4 p.m. RVSP gilmar (at) sasktel.net by Mar 20th. Info: Joanne Havelock 306-535-9570
5) Yorkton – March 24: 1:00-4:00 pm. at S.I.G.N. on Broadway RVSP Marcella at by Mar 20th gilmar (at) sasktel.net Marcella Pedersen 306-398-2795